Viewing Saved User Preferences
Viewing your saved user preferences can be useful for troubleshooting issues. First, find the location of the .plist file that Cachly saves defaults in:
- Open Files app
- Tap the Browse tab
- Open On MyPhone > Cachly > ZSSUserDefaults
- Find the .plist file with your username
Share the File
iOS can't preview the .plist file natively so you will need to send the file to your computer.
- Long press the file and choose to Share it with your computer by using Airdrop, email, Messages or another method.
View the File
Once you have the file on your computer you can view it in most text editors.
- Personal Notes: If you have personal notes that were saved when you didn't have service, you can search for "offlineNotes" in the file to see if any exist in the file.
- Waypoints: If you have waypoints that were saved when you didn't have service, you can search for "offlineWaypoints" in the file to see if any exist in the file.
- Draft or Pending Log Checkmarks: If you have checkmarks on some caches because you saved them as a Draft or Pending Logs, you can look in the defaults to see whcih cache codes are being included. Just search for "foundButNotLogged" in the file.